Bank Negara IndonesiaBank
PT Bank Negara Indonesia (Persero), Tbk (hereinafter “BNI” or the “Bank” or the “Company”) was originally established in Indonesia as a central Bank under the name of “Bank Negara Indonesia” based on Government Regulation in Lieu of Law No. 2 of 1946 dated July 5, 1946. Subsequently, pursuant to Law No. 17 In 1968, BNI became “Bank Negara Indonesia 1946”, with the status of a State-owned Commercial Bank. Additionally, BNI’s role as a Bank was mandated to improve the people’s economy and participate in national development as confirmed by Law No. 17 of 1968 regarding Bank Negara Indonesia 1946.
Based on Government Regulation No. 19, 1992, April 29, 1992, BNI changed its legal status to a limited liability company (Persero). The change of legal status to limited liability company, was made in Deed No. 131, dated July 31, 1992, before Muhani Salim, SH, and was published in the State Gazette of the Republic of Indonesia No. 73 dated September 11, 1992, Supplement No. 1A.
BNI as a State Owned Enterprise was the first to became a public company after listing its shares on the Jakarta Stock Exchange and the Surabaya Stock Exchange in 1996. To strengthen its financial structure and competitiveness in the national banking industry, BNI conducted a number of corporate actions, including being recapitalized by the Government in 1999, Government share divestment in 2007, and a limited public offering in 2010.
To fulfill the provisions of Law No. 40 of 2007 dated August 16, 2007 on Limited Liability Companies, BNI’s Articles of Association were amended. The amendments were stated in Deed No. 46 dated June 13, 2008, made before Fathiah Helmi, SH, notary in Jakarta, based on an Extraordinary General Meeting Shareholders decision dated May 28, 2008, which was approved by the Minister of Justice and Human Rights of the Republic of Indonesia, by Decree No. AHUAH. 01.02-50609 dated August 12, 2008 and was published in the State Gazette of the Republic of Indonesia No. 103 dated December 23, 2008, Supplement No. 29015.
BNI’s Articles of Association latest changes related to a realignment of the Articles of Association in accordance with Deed No. 35 dated March 17, 2015, made before Notary Fathiah Helmi, SH, which was approved by the Minister of Justice and Human Rights of the Republic of Indonesia, by decree No. AHU-AH.01.03-0776526 dated April 14, 2015.
Currently, the Government of the Republic of Indonesia owns 60% of BNI shares, while the public, both individuals and institutions, own the remaining 40% domestic and foreign. BNI is now the 4th largest national Bank in Indonesia, based on total assets, total loans and total third-party funds. To provide financial services in an integrated manner, BNI is supported by a number of subsidiaries, namely Bank BNI Syariah, BNI Multifinance, BNI Sekuritas, BNI Life Insurance, and BNI Remittance.
BNI offers deposit and loan facilities for the corporate, medium, and small segments. Many of the best products and services have been adapted to the needs of customers from childhood, through adolescence and adulthood, until retirement.